What is a Green Community?
A Green Community Strives To:
- Comply with Environmental Regulations
- Practice Waste Minimization and Pollution Prevention
- Conserve Natural Resources through Sustainable Land Use
- Promote Diverse, Locally-Owned and Operated Sustainable Businesses (Profitable, Non- Polluting, Socially Responsible)
- Provide Adequate Affordable Housing
- Promote Mixed-Use Residential Areas which Provide for Open Space
- Promote Economic Equity
- Actively Involve Citizens from ALL Sectors of the Community through Open, Inclusive Public Outreach Efforts
- Ensure that Public Actions Are Sustainable, while Incorporating Local Values and Historical and Cultural Considerations
- Create and Maintain Safe, Clean Neighborhoods and Recreational Facilities for ALL
- Provide Adequate and Efficient Infrastructure (water, sewer, etc.) that Minimizes Human Health and Environmental Harm, and Transportation Systems that Accomodate Broad Public Access, Bike and Pedestrian Paths
- Ensure Equitable and Effective Educational and Health-Care Systems green” directions, i.e. energy efficiency, renewable energy, and environmental products and services.
Global Dwelling Home Energy Solutions can help you discover, develop and deploy green living systems to help ensure you and your community that you are doing what you need to do to have the community you want to have.
Contact us for more information.
Governor Cuomo Announces Low Cost Financing Now Available for Homeowners to Make Energy Efficient Upgrades On-Bill Recovery Financing Program Will Allow Consumers to Pay for Energy Efficiency Upgrades on Monthly Utility Bill. Read Article
Calculate Your Carbon and Eco-Footprint Here | View chart of CO2 Cost by Improvement
Resource: US EPA Green Communities Home Page
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.